Friday, January 2, 2009

Budding Artists...

I went shopping with my girls on Black Friday like I do every year. While in the crayon aisle of Target it came up that I wanted to try coloring with the kids sometime soon. It seems that more than one of my friends was shocked that I haven't tried it with them already considering my Pre-K teacher background. Sooooooooo...sucker that I am, I bought some of those toddler crayons by Crayola and Santa delivered them to their stockings for Christmas. Since it was cold yesterday and we decided to stay in (which we do A LOT of lately!) I figured it was time to break out the coloring experiment. At first I showed them what to do and before long they were scribbling themselves. Huh..who woulda known..I thought for sure they would..YUP...eat them..which is what they did next:) After a taste it was hard to get them back on task so we gave up after a little while, but it was fun to do. The next 15 minutes were spent crumpling up the paper, which to them was WAY more fun than any dumb crayons!

Not too bad, not too bad...

Um, this isn't working anymore!

My boy genius writing his G for Gavin. OK, OK, OK, I confess!! He didn't write it, I did! BUT, wouldn't that be cool if he could?

I swear I won't eat it anymore! Give it back, give it back!

Ahhhhhh...crumpling! Now THIS is fun!

4 comments:

Liz said...

fun!
happy new year!

~Sandy said...

I hope you have a wonderful New Year!
Hugs, Sandy

Anonymous said...

How adorable is this! I see two little Picassos in the making. Now that Gavin has the "G" down, will he work on writing "Grandma"? HAPPY NEW YEAR to Gavin, Camryn, Christa, Dave, CJ & Sadie!
Love,
Grandma B.

Linda said...

You have two little Pollock's in the making!