Thursday, February 19, 2009

Summer Preview...

One of my favorite places to be is the Jersey Shore. The best part of any summer from my childhood to now is going to the boardwalk for pizza, rides and ice cream. I've always looked forward to having my own kids and bringing them there to enjoy it with me. Gavin and Camryn have been there before, but now that they are bigger they are able to do more things and get into it a little more.
Yes, I know it's February in freezing NJ, but we went to the beach today anyway. Well, not the beach, beach, but the aquarium on the boardwalk in Point Pleasant is where we started off. We met my friends Linda and Liz there along with Linda's Mom, my Mom and 6 toddlers. Yup, that's right..we all have twins:) I really wanted to get a picture of the kids all together, but chasing them all around became first priority..toddlers are FAST! It's not a huge place, but does feel like it when you are keeping an eye on the kids. We got there when it opened and there was hardly anyone there, so it was perfect.

G and C went to the Florida Aquarium when we took a trip down there last April, but since they were much smaller they didn't pay too much attention. They definitely liked looking at the fish this time. Camryn let us know she was impressed by letting out a few animated "WOW"'s as we looked at the tanks. She cracks me up. Gavin was pointing at the fish as they swam by.

Checking out the fish (and the camera).

Gavin and Ryan trying to bust in to see the turtles...
Grandma looking at the seals with Camryn and Kaylie.

Amelia watching feeding time for the seals.

Sal and Amelia mesmerized by fish and Kaylie after looking at the parrots.

After the aquarium my brave Mom and I decided it was actually kinda nice out for February and we were going to stick around the shore for awhile. We took them into the arcade where super cool Mommy won them footballs. I took a pic of them outside to illustrate the fact that we were at the beach:)

We also went to another arcade and went on a Popeye boat...


...and a horse.
Gavin liked the horse (until it started to move!). Camryn liked it at first and then changed her mind after a minute.


After stopping at a pizzeria for lunch on the way home (where they gnawed on crust for the very first time and loved it!) it was time to fall faaaaaaaaast asleep!

We really had fun today! Thanks so much Mom for all of your help...you're the best:)

6 comments:

Linda said...

We had fun even though it was a total whirlwind! I love the pics of them sleeping.

Liz said...

We had fun too! You got great pictures as I only got a measly 3 "blogworthy" pics. Good idea to do the arcade with them while no one is around. I can't wait to take them there in the summer.

Anonymous said...

This was one of the best fun days spent with my adorable "dynamic duo" grandkids and friends! It was my 1st time at this aquarium in all the years I've been to the Pt. Pleasant Boardwalk. Seeing it through Gavin's & Camryn's eyes was so precious. Walking the boards, the arcade & lunch was so much fun too, and in February no less. Definitely got a lot of exercise chasing around. All the twins were so cute to watch as they looked at the "fishies".

Anonymous said...

It sure looks like a "fun" time was had by all!! The pics of them sleeping are precious!
I had to post as anonymous because I was having trouble with my password. DUH!! :-)
Hugs,
Rosemary

Lindsay said...

Hi there! Your babies are adorable also! I have been looking for twin blogs and I was glad to find yours. How old are they?

Christa said...

Hi..they are 15 months...thanks for the compliments:)